- Annual A Preppy Girl's Family Beach Vacation - We returned back to Denver after seriously, one of the best trips. This year might have been my fav! We had sunny weather every day, so I was on the beach soaking up the sun as much as humanly possible. We also spent quality time with the three most adorable nephews on the planet:
- Avis Rental Cars - Lesson learned from our beach trip - Do NOT use their "convenient" EZ Passes. TheHubs and I charged $14 worth of tolls, yet were assessed an additional $14.75 in Convenience Fees. Seriously Avis?! Get over yourself. Not impressed.
- Dog Training - After about one million back and forths, we finally settled on and had our first dog training session yesterday. Miss Margaret Thatcher (aka Maggie aka Maggles aka Magpie aka Mag-Doll (song to Aerosmith's Ragdoll)) is going to be whipped into shape in no time! Our goals for both dogs are calm door greetings and to be able to walk both at the same time. Day 1 has been awesome, so I'm super hopeful.
- Floors - Remember when we bought our house last year we had hard wood floors installed? Well...this summer has not been kind to us in terms of humidity and rain, and they are completely humping and buckling (yes, that's my technical term.) Seriously folks - check this out. Anywho, again, MULTIPLE voice mails and a threaten of "certified letter" finally got floor guy out here. He was astonished too and is coming back on Monday to rip them up and start again. For now, everything in my china hutch is on the dining room table, and the room looks like a hoarder lives here. Serenity now!
Before the summer:
Now: There are three humps (one in the forefront; 2 in the back.)
- Finally, as you should all know, Colorado was hit by record breaking, devastating floods. TheHubs and I are insanely grateful and blessed that we didn't have a single issue. However,TheHubs base town and neighboring communities weren't so lucky. If you can donate, the victims would be ever so grateful.
Hope your week is going well!
-K


4 comments:
I was just thinking about you tonight and was about to email so I'm glad you posted that y'all are OK.
I can't get over your floors! I've never seen anything like that! Cray.
And oh my goodness the pups are so cute. Sadie wants to be their bestie.
KK
Good luck with the pup training! Two trainers and a crap ton of money later, and Gomez still won't stop barking at the tv. We really need to fix that, pronto.
Glad you were saved from the storms. My sister-in-law lives in Longmont and said that her whole neighborhood was evacuated except for a small section, which happened to include her. Luckily she also came out unscathed.
I'm glad your home is safe. "Serenity now" is my Seinfeld life motto too. Your pups sure are cute! I hope training goes well!
Oh my, that is crazy about the floors!
Post a Comment