1) Customer
2) Boss
3) Boss's boss
4) Boss's boss's boss
5) Boss's boss's boss's boss (1 step below the highest ranking Contracts VP of my entire 140,000 employee company)
...so no pressure.
3) Boss's boss said dress was "business casual" but with that cast of characters, I knew I had to bring my A-game. Again, I have the best husband in the world who understood the importance of this trip, and needed to look my absolute best.
I was clicking my way around Banana and J.Crew Factory, when I saw this picture:
and thought, I already have those pants from Banana so I could pull this off!
I picked up the Tailored Boy Jacket for a bit more formality:
along with the navy brass plated crystal necklace:
...and voila! Professional, yet modern. Business gal on the go, meets youthful intuition. Plus, I've been on a navy/orange kick lately, so I'll get a ton of use of this jacket, especially come fall.
And while I was there, I picked up their Dotted Keyhole Top in green:
and the Lace Front Tee in white (pictured in navy b/c the white doesn't show up well.)
Oh yeah, and I may have bought a new Michael Kors watch that I can't find the link to, but here it is!
I am happy to report that my purchases were worth ever single penny. Not only did I have an amazing discussion with my 2) boss, but 5) boss's boss's boss's boss singled me out and discussed that I am the perfect example of "building our brand" in front of ALL of my colleagues and Boss's 1-4! Whoa! In fact, this week he emailed me and asked if I would speak to his mentee about contract negotiation.
Lately I've been feeling like maybe its time to move on professionally. It's a job with very little praise, and working virtually, I often wonder about what impact I'm making. However, after last week, now I know I am making a difference, and am even more energized to kick some contractual behind!
-K








4 comments:
So where are the pictures of you looking oh so fabulous on your trip??? :)
Yay! Props from the big boss is always something to celebrate!
Love the blazer! Big big congrats on getting such high praise! Well deserved, I am most certain.
KK
I love a swiss dot top!! So cute :)
Post a Comment