Friday, July 26, 2013

My Backyard

I love when family comes to visit because it gives me a chance to show off the sites that are in my backyard.  When they oo and ahh and say "Beautiful!  Breath Taking! Amazing!", I nod and smile because these are the views I see all the time.  I love where we live and try to take advantage of it as much as possible.

So when my family from Kansas City (now living in Chicago, Cincinnati, and St. Louis) came here for their family vacation, we scoured this beautiful state of mine from top to bottom!  My family is non-stop, max energy, and in the end, we all had a blast!

We took them to a beer festival downtown to show off Colorado's finest export, beer and to see our fine city of Denver.


On Sunday, we headed into the mountains for some white water rafting.


Followed by a cookout back at our house, complete with Pimms cups!


On Monday, we headed back to my old city of Fort Collins for brewery tours and walking around  Old Town.


And then headed back to Denver in time for the Rockies game.


Yep, this is the view from the stadium.


And finished the night off back in our neighborhood for the best ice cream in Denver.


Tuesday we drove down to Colorado Springs, and took this train up to Pike's Peak.


And saw amazing views from 14,000 feet high.




We headed back to a mere mile above sea level to Garden of the Gods, which is simply breathtaking.



 And a quick stop at the US Olympic Training Center.

 On Wednesday, we "only" had until 4pm before their flights left, so of course I had to take them to my favorite spot in Denver, Red Rocks.


And then we finished our time together back where we started, in downtown Denver.


It was a jam packed few days, but a blast nonetheless.

So with that, who is coming to visit next?!

Have a great weekend!
-K


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! I LOVE Colorado! I wish we could be stationed there (hubs job isn't there). I also have tons of family in Colorado!

MCW said...

Looks exhausting but fun!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

How fun! That's so great that your family came all the way out there to see y'all. I'd say you were the perfect tour guide!

KK

Kristen said...

Finally, an update from my favorite blogger! I'm so glad your visit went well. It's always fun to play tourist in your own city. I love having visitors, and I love all the things you guys did! We better get Colorado next, ha!