Thursday, June 20, 2013

Checking off the Bucket List

Last night my dear friend Julie and I went to an AMAZING concert at Red Rocks last night.  The line up was Guster, Ben Folds Five, and Bare Naked Ladies.   But really, the reason we went was for Guster.

For those that have known me since Sophomore year of college, Guster has been one of my most favorite bands (along with Coldplay and Snow Patrol.)  I've seen them play at Loyola and various concert venues in Philly and here in Colorado.

However, one my bucket list items for this wonderful life was to see Guster (my 2nd favorite band) perform Satellite (one of my top 5 songs of all times) at Red Rocks (my favorite place in Colorado.)  I wanted to see Guster more than Coldplay at Red Rocks because their vibe is very much in line with Red Rocks.  I don't know why, but that's how I feel.

Anyway, low and behold, last night, I crossed that item off my list!!  Woo hoo!!  It was amazing!!  12 years later, they still sound just as great as they did when I was 20.  I'm also really glad that I got to experience it with Julie, who is my Guster concert go-er and only person who really knows them in Denver.  (I think Guster is more of an East Coast following.)

Guster playing Satellite... 

...at Red Rocks...

...with Julie.  Life is good great.


Ben Folds Five was totally fine, but I'm not such a big fan.  BNL put on a fabulous show and I like them more now after seeing them live.  If "The Last Summer on Earth" tour is coming to your area this summer, GO!  You won't be disappointed.

Also, the members of Guster were approximately 5 feet from us in the sound area during the BNL set!!!  And then Ryan came into the stands literally the row behind me!  I was so star struck that I didn't get a picture.  Seriously.  The girl in front of me got one with him.  But that's OK b/c I'm glad I got to see him and feel the excitement vs. fumbling for my phone.

Sigh, what a great night.

-K

3 comments:

Kristen said...

So fun! I love concerts, and great concerts with even greater people...there's not a whole lot better than that. And that venue looks so fun!

Eights on the Move said...

Hey girl! I found you through Kristen at Displaced Hoosier Hospitality :) I LOVE the Red Rocks, although I've never gotten to see a show there - just a daytime trek to check out the area. So jealous of the amazing time you had!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Sooo jealous! I like Guster and Ben Folds but LOVE LOVE LOVE am a huge HUGE fan of can sing every verse to every song LOVE Bare Naked Ladies. Like...really...LOVE. How fun!!

KK