Friday, April 26, 2013

4th Anniversary

Yesterday TheHubs and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary.

Lots of bloggers wax poetically about planning for their wedding; the wedding itself; and reminisce with a recap post of pictures every anniversary.  I've never done that because that's not who TheHubs and I are.  Our wedding was absolutely fantastic without the aid of mustache pictures (I seriously don't get that trend); a signature drink; or Pinterest boards.  It was a day to celebrate our love with our closest family and friends.  Quite simple actually.

Four years later there's no one else I'd rather share this Cross Country Adventure with.  Lord knows some days are difficult, but that's what makes me love TheHubs more.  We have a saying - It's OK to be upset with each other, but we always love each other.

We are not in your face about our feelings for each other, and don't profess them via this blog or Facebook, but it doesn't make our love any less vibrant.  Every morning, the first thing we say is "Good Morning, I love you."  Every evening we turn off the lights and say "Good Night, I love you."  Every phone conversation ends with "I love you."  (In fact, TheHubs called me back once after a heated conversation b/c I didn't say it.)  In this crazy world we live in, you never know what the future holds; but we always want our parting words to each other to be "I. Love. You."  Three words that have changed my life, thanks to one amazing Guy.

-K


6 comments:

Kristen said...

Girl, I really swear we are soul sisters. We'll be celebrating our third anniversary next week, and I always question why people stress out about crazy wedding stuff (and I loathe the silly mustache trend). Our wedding had no attendants and only 14 guests, and I honestly wouldn't change it for anything, including the Pinterest crave. It was us, plain and simple.

I hope you crazy kids enjoy your special day.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful,Katie. It's what really matters in life. How is Maggie settling in??

xoxo
Selena

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

That's so sweet!

And amen to the mustache (or photo booth) photos at weddings (or anywhere really)!! Do. Not. Understand.

And I agree with the above comment...I need a pup update por favor!

KK

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Hope you had a wonderful anniversary!! :)

Unknown said...

This is so sweet. I admit I definitely am one to post photos- but of course every couple has much more meaningful moments that they keep to themselves. So glad you shared this!

Ashley said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. :)