Oh, so many events to blog about (Steamboat, Colo Springs, Beth's Baby Shower) but I need to start with the most important - The announcement of our new Pope.
images via nbcnews.com
I do not discuss religion on this blog (it is not the appropriate forum or tone.) However, my Catholicism is a strong part of what makes me, me. I am a practicing Roman Catholic, and not afraid to show it.
Today's announcement of Pope Francis literally brought me to tears. Watching the whole process is extremely fascinating, and in this day and age of technology, I love that everyone heard it first via white smoke and bells ringing.
I am excited/hopeful/amped for our new pope, Pope Francis I for many reasons:
1) He is a Jesuit! (and the first Jesuit pope to boot!) We all know my thoughts on this order of priests. They are the bees knees in my book.
My education consists of: 8 years of Catholic grade school; 4 years of Jesuit Prep school; 4 years of Jesuit undergrad; and 2+ years of Jesuit grad school. So 18+ total Catholic of which, 10+ were spent with the Jesuits. I mean business.
2) The name Francis. It is the name of my grandfather, and namesake of Godson to be (Hi AFB! Can't wait to meet you in May!) My grandfather was one of the holiest people I have ever met, so I love that the leader of our Church chose this name.
3) St. Francis of Assisi (namesake of our Pope and my grandfather) was called to rebuild and reform Christ's church on earth. That speaks volumes of what Francis I has in store for us.
4) He is the first pope from "the new world" which shows the Church is taking a step in the right direction, acknowledging its people are across the world, and stepping away from it's old school Euro-centric past.
MC says he may be a little old, but I don't think age matters in this job. He will get done at age 76 what a pope at 60 could.
For the first time, I am genuinely hopeful for this new Pope. After discussing it with Bestie G and BigBrother, they both have the same excitement and hopeful energy that I do! I cannot wait to see what the future brings!!
On that note, I shall end with a quote from St. Francis of Assisi that speaks to my soul: "Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
-K




1 comment:
Congratulations! I'm definitely not Catholic but I think that the speed by which he was chosen is a great sign that it was an easy choice.
I also think it's funny that they refer to the Americas as the new world. I mean, I get it. But we're not *that* new. :)
I love that quote!
KK
Post a Comment