Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Grass IS Greener

They say the grass isn't greener on the other side, but you know, sometimes it really is!

More often than not, I'm guilty of posting the wonderful things in life and skipping the less glamorous, down right not fun parts.  However, this being the end of the year, I've been doing some reflecting, and looking at where I was in Jan 2012 to where I am now, its like night and day.  And that really all hinged on TheHubs assignment to Denver.

I feel at home, as if this is where we are supposed to be.  After spending the last four years wishing for greener pasture, we've found it.

I love that I can say "I live in Denver!" instead of some suburb.
I love that we can take the train; but I love that we can drive if needed.
I love our neighborhood.
I love being close to and rekindling friendships with old friends.
I love that Barkley is a city dog;
and I love that we live super close to parks and architecture and restaurants and bars.
I love that our neighbor brought over homemade banana bread for Christmas.
I love that TheHubs' commute is down to 30 min;
and I love that TheHubs loves his new job.  (Me, well, strong like, but its work after all, right?)
I love that we met some pretty cool new friends.
I love my house and all the hard work that went into making it a home.
I love that I can work from home again.
I love that we have met more neighbors in the past 2 months than we did in four years in our last house.

Yes, I still have bad days where I'm angry and frustrated (like when TheHubs is going to Arizona for the holidays and me to PA or when we got a ticket while headed to the library), but for the time being its more good days than bad, and given all the craziness this world has to offer, I'll take it!

I'll leave you with pictures of 1) our house decorated for Christmas with snow on the ground, and 2) from our holiday dinner/lights excursion last night.  We saw bazillion dollar homes and drank wine out of travel mugs in the backseat while Mr. Dee and TheHubs took the front.  We ooh'd and ahh'd and dreamt of living in a house so grand one day.  And then we all came back to our house and hugged and wished each other the Merriest of Christmas's.  Even though white snow covered the ground, life couldn't be more greener.




I'm off to TheHometown for a week of snuggles and cuddles with my nephews and family and making an effort to unplug.  I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year.  Cannot wait to see what 2013 has in store for us all!

-K


3 comments:

Amanda said...

Lovely post. :) Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post! Your home looks great! <3

SelenaThePlaces said...

It's nice to reflect on a year and focus on all of the good stuff in the midst of the challenges! I hope you had a lovely Christmas with lots of snuggles. And here's to a wonderful, adventurous New Year!!

xoxo
Selena