Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Thanksgiving That Isn't

For the first time in my three decade life, I will not be in TheHometown with my family for Thanksgiving.  As you recall, this is my absolute favorite holiday of the year.  As in, life can not get any better than the Wed before Thanksgiving.

So of course, this is me.

 google.com

But the thing is, sometimes you have to put on your big girl pants and realize:

1) You just bought a new home in a new city and moved to said home.  Thus $750 flights aren't in the ole' budget.
2) You just started a new job.
3) Your husband just started a new job.
And as much as this pains me:
4) You live 1,500 miles from family and its not always possible to hop on a plane.

Stupid adulthood!

But then my sister sent me this picture of TheGodson:


And when you look at that face, how can you not break out into smile and immediately hug the nearest adorable dog because you just have a huge urge to hug something?!

So maybe this is more me now.  I'll do it but I'm not happy about it.

google.com

But trust me, for Christmas, I'm parking myself on the East Coast for a solid 7 days and not leaving!

Thanksgiving 2012 - Let's just pretend you didn't happen, k?

-K

And TheGodson, watch out!  4 months of hugs are coming your way!


2 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I'm near family now but before I moved here, I always had Thanksgiving with friends. Sort of a bunch of orphins coming together. It makes it so much more fun!

KK

SelenaThePlaces said...

I can relate. I had a good blub on Wednesday night and spent all of Thursday trying not to ball. I was missing my family desperately!! Sending you a hug!!!

xoxo
Selena