Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Proud to be a Hound!

I think I've mentioned a million times once or twice that I'm a huge fan of college basketball.  I may have also mentioned that March Madness ranks up there with Christmas.  I've been known to sing "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" around the house.  So I'm pretty much loving this time of year, specifically this upcoming weekend's conference tournaments which decide the fate of all those dominators and bubble teams alike.

But here's the icing on the cake:  My alma mater, the amazing Loyola University of Maryland Greyhounds are March Madness bound!!  "What?!" you say.  "How can that be?!"  Well believe it baby!!!  Finally, for the first time in EIGHTEEN years, The Loyola Greyhounds will be a part of the magic.  The Greyhounds are dancing!!

 http://instagr.am/p/H1XWcHOWEp/

Thanks to head coach Jimmy Patsos, the Hounds won the MAAC Championships last night.  When he took over the reigns 8 years ago, the Hounds were 1-27.  This year, 24-8!!!  Amazing!  I love everything about this team's rise to success, which exemplifies the Jesuit Loyola philosophy engrained in me:  Mind, Body, Spirit.

I know they most likely won't get far, but perhaps they'll be this year's Cinderella story.  Regardless, it brought the Loyola community together.  Facebook has been blowing up with all my friends reuniting with Loyola Love.

In fact, a friend of mine was at the game last night and snapped these pics.
 It's official!

Buzzer celebration!

  
Trophy presentation

Another went to campus and took this picture of the team returning to campus.


I'm supposed to travel for work next week.  If they wind up on the Thurs schedule, I am cutting my trip short and heading back on Wed night.  This is the moment I've been waiting for - the combination of 2 things I love:  Loyola and college basketball.  I've never in my life been prouder to be a Greyhound.  Go Loyola! 

Best of luck to all your teams on Selection Sunday!
-K

PS - This year will be INSANE at our house - Missouri is doing amazingly well, so Duke, Missou, AND Loyola will all be representing!!

No comments: