Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Life Happens

I knew 2012 would be one for our record books, but I wasn't expecting it at the current pace!

Here's a recap of our last few weeks:
In the first round of March Madness, I watched:
  • Loyola lose.
  • Missouri lose.
  • St. Bonaventure lose.
  • Duke lose.

I suppose that's why they call it Madness.  My attention has turned to rooting for Michigan St. now that absolutely everyone I liked is out.

I traveled all over the state in search of our elusive Heys luggage for our upcoming London Trip (T-28 days!), and finally found while traveling for work:
I've also been searching high and low for a raincoat that isn't shaped like a box.  I really didn't think a feminine figure flattering raincoat would be so difficult.  Alas, it is.

Anyway, on to the big stuff:
  • We've been meeting with our realtor on and off since the end of Feb.  It is official!  Our house goes on the market April 30!  I'm not sure if I want it to sell fast or not (details in another post), so please pray that it sells "at the right time."
  • In the meantime, we've been busy bees doing projects around the house prior to London.  I've never loved my house more.  Lesson learned for all you soon to be homeowners:  Do every single project (within your financial constraints) when you first move in.  Admittedly, we got burned out and stopped.  Now we won't be able to enjoy the fruits of our labor.
  • TheHubs' next assignment list comes out March 30.  This will give us a better idea of where we're actually moving.  
  • If you're trying to connect the dots, you'll notice our house is on the market before we actually find out where we're moving (June) and when we're moving (Sept).  This is a big gamble, but we have made the decision that getting rid of this mortgage is "Priority Number One."  Ahh....military life!
  • My aunt and uncle are coming for Easter, because you know, we have so much free time between getting the house ready for strangers to judge us, leaving the country for 9 days,  and selling the biggest purchase we've ever made.  No worries!
  • Oh yeah, we also might be buying me my dream car:

And finally since this is the biggest and best news ever...

Two of the most important ladies in my life are pregnant!!  I am over the moon to announce that MY SISTER and my closest Denver friend/bridesmaid Julie are expecting, both in August!  Julie found out last night baby is a girl; my sister will find out at the end of the month.

When I get stressed, I think of those two ladies and the blessings that will arrive in August.

They are proof that not only do we need faith in God, but also in His timing.

Hope you're have a great week!
-K

No comments: