Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My girlfriend

Since this blog is part documentation for me, I wanted to make sure I post my Barkley pics for our scrapbook.  These were taken on my iPhone I think from July 2011 - March 2012.

This is a typical day here in my home office.  She comes in looking for head scratches and puts her snout on my knee as I'm sitting at my desk.  The interesting part is she does it right when I'm having a difficult time or frustrated.  Don't know how she knows, but she does.  And I love her for it.


She loves to curl up on the corner of our dining room rug.  When we give her a treat, she immediately takes it over to this spot.  We're getting rid of that rug when we move, so I'm wondering what her favorite spot will be in our new home.


TheHubs will kill me when he sees this next one.  This chair is in my office and totally off limits to Barkley.   I came back in one day to find this.  TheHubs would be furious.  I thought it was adorable.  So I snapped a picture before shoo'ing her off.


And finally, Barkley spends most of her afternoons in the hallway outside of my office.  She's my guard dog.  If I move, she moves.  She's the best shadow I've ever had.


Our friends had to put down their dog last night.  As I commented on their status updates, of course I was tearing up.  There are days like these where I am reminded a little bit more of how much I value our Barkley.  She brings a smile to my face and calms me down, and honestly, with everything going on, I don't know what I'd do without her.  It's no surprise my girlfriend will be getting a few more belly rubs today.

-K

1 comment:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh that photo of her in the chair is just adorable! I used to have rules about no pets on furniture but after I lost my black lab, all those rules went out the window. I realized I would never regret a snuggle in bed with my baby girl, even it means I have to wash the duvet more often. I laugh at how much I spoil my Sadie now compared to her first 4 or so years. Ha.