So I'm weird (what else is new?). I get on these random food kicks that last anywhere from 6 months to a year. My latest and greatest kicks? Fish Tacos and Cornflakes (and no, I'm not pregnant.)
I'm currently eating nothing but cornflakes for breakfast (and the occasional english muffin.) They are so...refreshing? Not sweet, just crunchy and delicious. I love me some cornflakes in the AM!
I think the fish tacos started right around the time we implemented Meatless Mondays. I tried my first, and oh man, I have been missing out all this time! Since then, whenever its Mexican, it's fish tacos.
Last night, TheHubs and I attempted to grill our own for the first time..SUCCESS!! Delicious! Of course, it's from my Everyday Food mag, and we made it with the corn relish suggested in the recipe. Run to your nearest fish monger or grocery store for some fish tonight (we used tilapia)! We pretty much split in third and made 4 tacos for the 2 of us - it was fine, but if we were starved, we'd just cut it in half.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention our obsession with arugula, but that's not a trend. That's always a staple for the past few years. We buy at least a big container of it a week in the summer. Peppery and crunchy - we pair it with simple olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. DONE! Perfect summer supper. Oh, and when we're feeling especially wild and crazy, we add prosciutto. Watch out, kids! :)
Have a great weekend!
-K
Friday, June 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I get on food kicks as well - a few months ago it was cranberries and craisins. I made so many random dishes with craisins, most of which were pretty yummy. Corn flakes are my favorite cereal but I'll go months without eating cereal before having it for a week straight. I'm the same way with oatmeal!
Mmm I LOVE fish tacos! I make them all the time too. I love that you can add different elements to make them so varried.
Post a Comment