Thursday, May 8, 2014

No Baby Yet but a New Attitude

Closer to 39 weeks at this point and I am FINALLY mentally ready for Baby Bear to arrive.

We crossed the hurdles of last week:  No more night shifts for TheHubs; work is all but wrapped up; and my birthday was celebrated in the most marvelous way.  (We went for brunch with our friends followed by a Derby party and enjoyed the beautiful weather all weekend. Pics below.)

At my appt on Wed, the doctor said I have not progressed any more from last week and estimates him to weigh about 6lbs.  I think a Mother's Day birth on Sunday would be absolutely fantastic, but as we all know, he'll come in his own time.

As my pregnancy draws to a rapid close, I can't help but look back.  We can all attest this wasn't an easy ride.  I remember the early days where miscarriage was a constant concern.  I had infections; false glucose tests; early pre-term labor; multiple trips to the ER; and let's not forget TheHubs was gone for 2 months.  The fact we made it this far is none too short of a miracle in my book.  With Mother's Day around the corner, I have turned over a new leaf.  I am very much looking forward to being a mom myself and welcoming Baby Bear into this world.  It only took me 39 weeks, but I officially can't wait to meet him!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms and Moms to Be (of course it goes without saying, Moms of Furballs are included!)
-K





2 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Yay!! I was just thinking about you yesterday actually. I'll say a little prayer that labor and delivery are short and uneventful.

KK

Ashley said...

You are right... baby will come when he's ready. :-) It would be pretty neat if he decided to come on Mother's Day though. Hang in there, and don't get too concerned about the date.