Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Broke the Streak!

Well Monday came and went and I was NOT in the hospital!  Boo-ya!!

Thank you all soooo much for all of your kind words, prayers, and support.  I received emails, texts, IMs, cards, etc.  I thought people stopped reading my blog, but apparently not, and thus,  I will keep updating you on my progress since that's the best way to reach the most people in our lives.

I am feeling about one million times better.  My doctor decided to treat it as a muscular issue, and that seems to have made a world of difference.  Amazing what the right prescription can do!  Now I am off meds completely, and hope to stay that way.

Last week, I failed my initial glucose test and had to do the tedious three hour test.  It's really a test in boredom if anything.  I was overjoyed to find out I passed the 2nd test, so no gestational diabetes for me.  I'll be honest, when I failed the first, I was definitely down in the dumps.  I seriously cannot catch a break this pregnancy.

Funny story:  A friend of mine told me on Sunday that my pregnancy was birth control for her.  My response:  "ME TOO!"

Let's just hope it's smooth sailing for the next 11 weeks!

-K

Baby bear's room is slowly coming together, but we're making a conscious effort to buy items that can be used later in life, such as a dresser vs changing table, a crib that converts to a full size bed, a grown-up bookcase, etc.  Even the decor will last well into adolescent years.  We find we'd rather invest now than buy multiples as the years go by.  Pictures to come shortly!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Glad you're feeling better, girly. Missing our chats.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better! And yay for no gestational diabetes!

Ashley said...

Hang in there! Each day is a victory. :-) Your baby will be full term before you know it.