Warning: This post is full on debbie-downer.
In addition to keeping our pregnancy a big secret (which is near impossible for me), our other big news I couldn't share until now, is that TheHubs was gone for over 2 months.
That left me enjoying the "joys" of the first trimester of pregnancy all by myself. So that was awesome in all ways. Thanks Air Force! TheHubs missed all the ultrasounds and the heart beats and all the wonderful things husbands should be around to experience. Yes, I'm bitter, but alas, it's over.
TheHubs arrived home on Sunday afternoon after being stuck overnight in Kansas. (Seriously, Kansas is the WORST state to drive through.)
No rest for TheHubs though. Even though he arrived home late on Sunday, he has to work Mon night 6pm-6am and Christmas Eve/Christmas Day 6pm-6am. Again, more bitterness on my end.
I know this is supposed to be the best time of year, but i'll be honest, this Christmas flat out blows:
1) I'm not at home for the first time ever.
2) TheHubs is working.
3) Work is beyond stressing me out, as we're to be fully working 7 days a week. These 65 hour work weeks are literally killing me. And its not helping baby either.
I can only hope that I've hit rock bottom and that it can only get better from here.
But let's end on a positive note. I do realize I am immensely blessed with:
1) Amazing friends who have been wonderful while TheHubs was gone, including taking me to doctor's appts, watching the dogs, and raking my leaves.
2) My dogs who honestly kept me sane. I love those pups more than life itself.
3) Safe return of TheHubs.
4) Baby on the way!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
-K
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I know you were bummed, and with good reason, but I am so glad you had some local friends to help you out. And the pups, of course! Aren't pup cuddles the best? If you're ever feeling down and need a change of pace, we always have a spare room open to you. Hopefully your hubs gets some time off soon and you can enjoy the experiences of the new babe together! The separation aspect is one reason I haven't been pro baby for myself. I can't imagine...
I can't believe he didn't get a few days off after being away for 2.5 months! I would totally be bitter about that too. But I am SOOO glad that he is home safe and sound to be there with you for the rest of your pregnancy. When do I get to see a baby bump pic?
Merry (belated) Christmas, sweet girl!
KK
I'm sorry you had to go through so much without your man, but I'm glad he's back. But I'm glad you had some awesome friends and your pups. 65 hour work weeks!? Please tell me you're easing up on your work schedule soon.
Post a Comment