Tuesday, October 29, 2013

So Much and So Little

A lot has been going on lately, but due to this scary world we live in, Hubs and I are consciously not posting most of it on social media.  We are healthy and happy, but experiencing some of those "challenges" married couples often face.

Things that I can tell you about include:

  • Getting into a car accident half a block from our destination in beautiful Vivian the Volvo.  We were stopped at a red light with no one in sight when we suddenly got hit from behind.  Turns out the old lady driving (and by old, I mean at least 75) said she was looking at a tree.  Luckily, the police officer was snarky and awesome and told her she should have been looking at the big blue SUV in front of her and gave her a ticket.  I just got Vivian back from the Volvo dealership today (b/c with 4,000 miles on her, I'm not taking her anywhere else) and she's snuggly in the garage.  I will be on the lookout for crazy old ladies looking at trees, and I suggest you should too.
  • Water heater broke on Friday night and wasn't fixed until Monday afternoon.  I spent the weekend schlepping my tote bag from friends' house to house taking showers.  It felt like college, only with a much longer walk to the showers.  I've never experience joy like I did on Monday night showering in my own home.
  • Got a fancy pants award at work.  While that doesn't matter, I did buy myself a new Chi flat iron with some of my bonus.  I've had my old one since 2003 and probably destroyed my hair more than I care to think of.  
  • I also bought a new Isaac Mizrahi purse but can't find a link.  I haven't liked the Kate Spade collection of late and am branching out.  I know, craziness.
  • The remainder of said bonus will be used to fly TheHubs and I to TheHometown for Thanksgiving so that was a nice perk.
  • The new TV shows I'm watching this year are Brooklyn Nine Nine and The Trophy Wife.  I really wanted to like the Michael J Fox Show but it falls flat and isn't very funny.  I also discovered a new Masterpiece show on PBC called The Paradise.  Its kind of like Mr. Selfridge for anyone who caught that.
  • Other than that, the temperatures are nosing diving, and I'm finding that I need to take the Girls for our walk during the day to maximize sunlight and warmth.  While I love the fall, I do not enjoy the lack of daylight.
  • Oh, and one more thing.  I've discovered a natural popcorn sold at Costco that I am consuming in mass quantities.  So now my monthly Costco run includes dog food, seltzer water, and popcorn.
Hope you are all doing well!
-K

2 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I wanted to like the new Michael J Fox show too but it just was blah in my book.

It's bloody freezing here tonight. Unhappy about it, to be honest!

Big congrats on the award. So exciting!

I hope everything is OK with y'all though!

KK

Anonymous said...

Car accidents are the worst! I hope there were no lingering whiplash injuries that popped up later. Those are awful.

Congrats on your work award!