Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Schedule, or Lack Thereof!

Howdy folks and Happy Summer!

Things at A Preppy Girl's casa have been hustling and bustling.  Work traveling has taken on a life of its own.  As in "You'll be here tomorrow for negotiating with Customer X, right?"  umm..."sure?"  And off I go...

We're also at T-7 weeks until MBA graduation!  Technically, 46 days, but whose counting on their iPhone app?  Oh right, that's this girl!  So I've been putting every last ounce of caring into that.  And let me tell you, my Caring about MBA barrel is reaching drought levels.

TheHubs transitioned into his new squadron effective Friday after he got home from overnight.  That meant that we had 3 full days together!  You know, like normal couples?  It was FABULOUS!  We had a wonderful mix of relaxing, errands, fun, BBQs, and friends.  I'm pretty sure this new job/schedule of his will suit our marriage juuust fine.  In fact, his old partner joked and asked if I would get sick of having him around.  TheHubs calculated he's been gone for over 6 months, so no, I'm pretty sure that will never happen.

We bought a fire pit this weekend and already enjoyed a relaxing night outside with Riesling, Saison, and  Sirius radio.  I can see a lot of that happening in the future.  We spent sooo much time outside this weekend - it was awesome!  Besides the quick Wimbledon I watched on Sunday, I wasn't inside much!

In other news, MC emailed and said she missed me (sigh...I love my mom), so within a week plane tickets were bought for her to come for a super long weekend at the end of the month.  I'm SOOO EXCITED for her to visit!!

Let's see...it seems that meal planning has been put on haitus through the summer.  I remember this happening last year too.  There's just so many fun things to do/see.  And when we are home, we love to grill which is super quick, easy, and healthy.  My oven is getting a well deserved break until the weather cools down.

Also, I'm loving the 4 day work week.  While I have a case of the Mondays, it's a fake out b/c it's Tuesday!  wooo!!

-K

1 comment:

Maggy said...

sounds lovely! Congrats on being so close to graduation!! Hope your week is going well :)